A bit about myself..

My name is Martin Nielsen, and for the past almost 9 years i have been living in Slovakia - Bratislava. This blog here "a Trip versus a Journal" is my attempt to try and share my feelings, emotions, ideas, thoughts and anything else that might be on my mind ... - i hope you will enjoy it ... :-)

Thursday 30 August 2012

..staying connected ..

So we are almost at the end of the week, and the sun is shining, birds are still singing, life is in general very good until you get caught in this digital world of trying to get connected to your friends, colleagues and whoever else that might be following you.. now i am not negative, i am not upset, i am in general in a very good mood, but can someone explain me one thing, "how on earth am i suppose to find the time to stay connected when i have so many different applications to update?".. so this it my evolution of digital, a long time ago i was on xing, then moved to LinkedIn, the on to google+, then twitter, then Klout, then path, then pinterest, on now finally foursquare - not to mention my normal googlemail, hotmail, company mail, sms and phone calls, i sometimes really feel like i am spending more time on "updating" my status or comments and tips than i am really talking or connecting with people .. - is this the new "normal" ? is this what is ahead of us,  i remember in the past when we started talking about social / digital apps making our lives easier, easier to connect, easier to communicate, but is it really making our lives easier ? i mean i am almost stressed out, if i dont get new followers on twitter! or if nobody gives me a +K on klout (which if you have done already would be very nice of you to make a habit out of doing - i mean to give me a bit of Social / digital credit :-)) but the question is really - does it help you, if yes, cool great, you must have a secrete or two on how to make it work, can you share that with me, i am eager to learn... if it doesnt work, lets hope that someone will give us some insight in making it work, as it seems that all of those social apps are here to stay... and if you cant beat them - join them ..

so friends to our next time, look me up on "foursquare" to see what i am really up to :-))

stay connected, stay real .. 

1 comment:

  1. Don't update, go out and play :)

    Miso

    ReplyDelete